RCG Economics is at the forefront
Of state-of-the-art techniques in Las Vegas regional economics and related research. Over the past 20 years, our professionals have completed a variety of economic research/public planning projects across most of the western United States. Currently, we focus on three areas:
Regional Economic Research
Is based upon urban and regional modeling and economic/demographic projections. RCG Economics (www.rcgecon.com) is a leader in regional/urban modeling. For example, RCG Economics provides projections of population, household income and employment for over 1,400 sub-regional areas within the Las Vegas metropolitan region for the Clark County Regional Transportation Commission.
Includes economic-base analyses, industry studies, economic development planning, and information services for economic development implementation. We maintain a census of all major employers and monitor national/international trends in those industries for a variety of metropolitan areas.
RCG Economics maintains extensive real estate and economic databases which, when combined with our real estate supply-side information, gives us the information-based edge for economic development planning. RCG Economics’ professionals have completed a variety of economic-base analyses and economic development plans at the state, county and municipal levels. Our economic development implementation services include the application of demographic, economic and real estate supply information to a variety of economic development problems, including industry targeting, advertising and marketing strategies.
Urban Development Services
Focus on the public side of urban growth and community development issues, including land use planning, infrastructure/capital facilities planning, public services planning, land values and fiscal impact assessment. RCG Economics has completed a number of public sector planning projects. Our clients include the full range of public bodies in Las Vegas and the Southwest including regional commissions, state agencies, counties, cities and other local jurisdictions.
Range of Services
Our approach to regional economics and urban planning consulting incorporates bottom-line market realities into public policy and planning decisions. RCG Economics is comprised of urban economists, planners and real estate analysts. Our team has combined expertise in regional and urban growth issues, public planning, economic modeling, land use planning, fiscal and economic impact analysis, industry economics and socioeconomic forecasting.
RCG Economics provides a wide variety of services to both public- and private-sector entities. The foundation of the practice is the use of sound economic principles to understand and help solve urban policy problems for our clients.
Much of our work involves the analysis of the forces causing economic and demographic changes within a region or urban area.
Our role in economic consulting has evolved as growth management and economic development have become central issues in urban and regional policy making. We work with major public agencies and private-sector entities that are influenced by urban and economic growth issues, including:
- Comprehensive Planning Departments
- Economic Development Entities
- Public Utilities
- Real Estate Development Companies
- School Districts
- State Agencies
- Transportation Planning Agencies
- Bank of Nevada
- BRW, Inc.
- Carter-Burgess, Inc.
- City of Henderson
- City of Las Vegas
- City of North Las Vegas
- Clark County Department of Comprehensive Planning
- College of Southern Nevada
- Dames & Moore
- Desert Research Institute
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada
- G. C. Wallace Engineers
- Household Credit Services
- The Howard Hughes Corporation
- IDM Capital
- Las Vegas Downtown Redevelopment Agency
- Las Vegas Economic Development Division
- Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance
- Las Vegas Valley Water District
- Louis Berger & Associates, Inc.
- Nevada Department of Transportation
- Nevada Development Authority
- Nevada Dispensary Association
- Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Nevada Mining Association
- Nevada Test Site Development Corporation
- Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Poggemeyer Design Group
- PriMerit Bank (Norwest)
- Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
- Southern Highlands Development Corp.
- Southern Nevada Water Authority
- SRI International
- Union Pacific Railroad
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- Wells Fargo Bank Nevada